Welborne Village Hall
Welborne Village Hall
We established Welborne Village Hall as charity over ten years ago and, from the beginning, we have seen our role as being to use the village hall to develop and sustain our small community of around 150 people. We have worked hard to involve and engage people from Welborne and our surrounding villages by delivering cultural and arts events as well as the more traditional community events.
Welborne Village Hall (and, indeed, Welborne village) has a deserved reputation as an active, innovative and successful organisation. We significantly ‘punch above our weight’ and like to think we a role model for a village hall in a rural community.
Welborne is a very small spread-out village in rural Norfolk with a population of about 150. There is no pub, no shop, no school, and no public transport. The only community assets are the church and the village hall.
Welborne Village Hall was established as a charity in 1999. From the beginning we were determined that the village hall would become the centre of the community. As well as developing and maintaining the building, we work hard to involve and engage people from Welborne and our surrounding villages by delivering cultural and arts events as well as the more traditional community events.
The quality of events taking place in the village hall, as well as the number of events, ensures we meet the objectives of the Welborne Village Hall charity. Several of our events have become established fixtures.
From the beginning, we have seen our role as being to use the village hall to develop and sustain our very small community. We are ambitious, with our objectives including:
• putting on adventurous, educational and cultural events as part of sustaining and developing our rural community
• celebrating Welborne as a community and a place to live
• developing our community by increasing the sense of incl
Welborne Village Hall aims to:
- Plan and deliver a programme of social and cultural events This is carried out by our Events Committee who meet monthly. Welborne Arts Festival, now bienniel, has its own Organising Committee
- Maintain and develop the village hall itself. This is the responsibility of our Trustees. Our next major project is to refurbish the kitchen
- Maximise use of the hall through lettings. As well as promoting our own events, we encourage other local organisations and individuals to use the village hall. Rents are kept low to maximise use
Established: August 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1086084
Phone number: 01362 850327
Address: Hill Farm Hill Lane Welborne Dereham Noroflk NR20 3LGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website