Chain Reaction are an award-winning charity who design and deliver theatre and media projects to educate, up-skill and increase the confidence of marginalised young people aged 5-19 in areas of extreme urban deprivation across London. We deliver:
- Engaging creative and interactive issue-based workshop projects, including running a number of weekly user-led youth theatres and youth action groups.
- Original educational theatre performances that are fully supported by further resources
Founded in 1994 we’re passionate about enabling young people to become positive, informed, successful members of society by devising creative projects that tackle the key health and social issues in our communities. Our projects ignite change by tackling issues such as; aspirations, teenage pregnancy, knife crime, youth unemployment, gangs, conflict resolution, racism, bullying, drugs, smoking, obesity and mental and sexual health. The aims of our organisation are to enable disadvantaged young people to;
- Develop life skills, motivation and aspirations
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Gain knowledge on the health and social issues that affect them
- Access high-quality arts and cultural opportunities (often for the first time).
In order to achieve these aims we work in schools, community venues and special education units, facilitating inspiring projects of the highest integrity.
Chain Reaction aims to:
- To enable young people to develop life skills, motivation and aspirations.
- To enable young people to build confidence and self esteem
- To enable young people to gain knowledge on the health and social issues that affect them.
- To enable young people to access high-quality arts and cultural opportunities (often for the first time).
Established: October 1994
Registered Charity Number: 1112701
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 10
Phone number: 02089819527
Address: Chain Reaction, Millers House, Three Mill Lane, London E3 3DUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website