Rowans Hospice is dedicated to improving the lives of people living with life-limiting illnesses, their families and carers in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire. With a brand new facility, Rowans Living Well Centre, we support people throughout the journey of the illness and into bereavement.
To provide hospice care expertise in all settings by working with the NHS, other partners and local community to help people cope with life-limiting illness, death and bereavement.
We respect the individuality of each person and offer the freedom to express and practice religious, spiritual, philosophical and cultural beliefs.
We recognise the value of confidentiality within relationships and aim to maintain this in our work with patients and families.
We believe in open and honest communication.
We have a research-based approach to patient care and our staff continually seek to update their skills through supervision, education and training.
We strive for excellence in the delivery of specialist palliative care and share our knowledge and expertise with the local community and other healthcare professionals.
We are committed to further development and improvement of our services.
Rowans Hospice aims to:
- To deliver the very best in specialist palliative care to hospice and hospital in-patients, to those living at home, and to those who would benefit from our other services.
- To create a therapeutic environment that is calm, relaxing and friendly, and which allows individuals and families comfort, privacy and dignity.
- To promote well-being and the highest quality of life for patients and families throughout the illness, dying and into bereavement. To help patients make informed choices about their care.
- To promote equal opportunity by creating an environment free from discrimination (e.g. against disability, financial status, ethnicity, sexual orientation), based on individual need
- To complement overall provision of palliative care in the community.
Established: October 1994
Registered Charity Number: 299731
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 100
Part time staff: 50
Phone number: 023 9225 0001
Address: Purbrook Heath Road, Purbrook, Hampshire PO7 5RUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Dorothy’s Dream, The Rowans Hospice At Home Appe...To raise £1m to give people choice at the end of life by establishing a Hospice at Home S... More