Hibiscus Initiatives, established in 1986 (and previously known as FPWP Hibiscus) is a voluntary sector organisation with a track record of delivering high quality services over nearly 30 years. We have developed a widely acknowledged specialist expertise in working with marginalised Black and Minority Ethnic Foreign National and migrant offenders and detainees in custody, detention and the community.
Our mission is to provide advocacy, support and specialist services to marginalised groups to enable informed choices and positive change. To promote justice, respect and to reduce inequalities
Hibiscus Initiatives aims to:
- ? To reduce isolation and hardship experienced by our clients in prison, immigration detention and the community.
- To provide an effective advocacy service for our clients within the criminal justice and/or immigration system.
- To facilitate the effective rehabilitation of clients upon release to achieve a reduction and ultimately cessation in re-offending.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with their families, especially with their children, here or in home countries.
- To facilitate positive change in families where there is a profile of offending.
Established: January 1986
Registered Charity Number: 1104094
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 13
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 020 7697 4243
Address: Resource for London N7 6PAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website