Apex Scotland enables children, young people, adults and their families to Aim higher, Behave differently and Change futures - ABC - through a comprehensive suite of preventative services.
Apex Scotland uses its 30 year history and voices of our service users to shape and refine delivery, in line with research, to support our principles of early intervention, prevention and desistance; contributing to reduced exclusion, increased employment and safer communities.
Apex Scotland’s vision is for a fair and just society in which people feel safe from crime, disorder and danger and those who are at risk of (re)offending are given the education, support and opportunities they need to change their behaviour, becoming effective citizens and leading fulfilling lives.
To be a leading not for profit organisation working with people of all ages and backgrounds who are the most disadvantaged and disengaged from society, and who are at risk of (re)offending, in a way which promotes desistance and enables them to re-engage and work towards a positive future.
Apex Scotland aims to:
- Develop early intervention services designed to reduce the likelihood of people offending.
- Develop desistance based services which reduce re-offending.
- Develop social enterprises designed to be self-sustaining funding models which create opportunities for employment and other meaningful activity and social re-integration.
- Undertake influence-based activities designed to promote social, economic and political change in accordance with our Vision.
- Create and nurture strategic partnerships which allow more effective or efficient use of resources and opportunity to achieve our Purpose.
Established: November 1987
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 45
Part time staff: 44
Phone number: 0131 220 0130
Address: 9 Great Stuart Street, Edinburgh EH3 7TPView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website