Cruse Surrey North Area
Cruse Surrey North Area
Cruse is a national charity and Surrey North Area cover the boroughs of Elmbridge, Runnymede, Spelthorne and Woking. We provide advice, information and support to anyone who has been bereaved.
Surrey North Cruse provides support to children, young people and adults, whenever or however the death occurred. The service is provided by trained experienced volunteers and is confidential and free. We offer:
• Someone to talk to face-to-face or on the telephone,
• Support Groups – many bereaved people find it helpful to talk to others in similar circumstances,
• Information – about many aspects of bereavement and other sources of help and support.
• Face-to-face support for children and young people.
For one-to-one support we will visit clients at home or see them at our meeting room in Chertsey. Our Bereavement Support Groups also meet at Chertsey. Children and Young People can be seen either at their home or school.
• Surrey North Cruse is supported by over 70 trained volunteers each giving their time freely to support people bereaved by death.
• The death of someone close can be shattering. Everyone experiences grief differently; there is no ‘normal’ or ‘right’ way to grieve. How we react will be influenced by many different things, including our age and personality, our cultural background and religious beliefs, our previous experiences of bereavement, our circumstances and how we cope with loss.
We try to show our clients that although their life will never be the same again after their bereavement, but that the grief and pain should lessen and there will come a time when they are able to adapt and adjust to cope with life without the loved one who has died.
Cruse Surrey North Area aims to:
- Our aim is to help all bereaved people in our area to come to terms with the loss of their loved one and show that they will be able to cope with their lives in the future without the deceased person.
Established: January 1975
Registered Charity Number: 208078
Board members: 12
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01932 571167
Address: 12-13 The Sainsbury Centre Chertsey Surrey KT14 7RRView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Awareness in Bereavement Course (ABC)To provide training for volunteers to acquire awareness, knowledge and basic counselling s... More