Age UK Enfield
Age UK Enfield
Age UK Enfield has been offering services to older people aged 50 and over living in Enfield since 1985. The charity has 13 services across the borough ranging from day care to exercise classes
Age UK Enfield provide a wide range of activities and services for older people living in Enfield, which have been specifically developed in response to, expressed needs from existing customers and people living and working in the local community.
We work to influence the way in which people think about ageing and to celebrate the value of older people. Ageing is not considered to be an 'attractive or sexy' cause to fund which is why we have to be more creative about where we seek funding from. Ageing is a fact of life for everyone and with the older population growing at a faster rate than any other, it's essential to develop and expand our services.
Age UK Enfield are not funded by the national Age UK charity (formed as a result of a merger between Help the Aged & Age Concern England.
We are responsible for raising all our own funds for the local services we organise for the older people living in Enfield, North London, who wish to maintain their independence, wellbeing and reduce social isolation.
Age UK Enfield aims to:
- The Parker Day Care Service provides services specifically for people over 50+ with dementia. The aim of the centre is to maintain their independence and continue living in the community with support.
- The Handyperson Service - Supporting Independent lifestyles (SILs) supports the those over 18 who are venerable or disabled with a registered electrician, gas safe plumber or handyman
- The Citizenship Service is an integration project which links young people from the ages of eleven up to their early twenties with older volunteers through informal discussions and debating groups.
- The Parker Centre Home Based Support Service is a home based respite service supporting clients with Dementia and their carers, which allows carers an opprtunity to take a break
- Fit for Life holds 21 classes run across various venues and provides a wide variety of activities including Zumba, Pilates, Get Walking and Line Dancing amongst others.
Established: January 1985
Registered Charity Number: 1063696
Phone number: 020 8375 4125
Address: Vincent House 2E Nags Head Road Ponders End Enfield EN3 7FNView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website