Firebird Theatre is a Company of 18 experienced disabled actors/performers, based in Bristol. Firebird is an associate company of Bristol Old Vic.
Firebird Theatre's main areas of work include:
• making and performing theatre;
• planning and delivering workshops to a range of different groups
• showing its work to as many people as possible
• linking up with other actors, theatre companies, theatres and new audiences
• developing and becoming more professional
• working together
• becoming more well known
• supporting and involving other disabled people in its work
We want to be able to give our way of telling stories to the whole world. We want to share our plays with as many people as possible. We want to make our audiences think about the stories we have told them, we want to both challenge our audiences and link-up with them. We want to be seen as professional actors who can learn together and help other people to learn from us. We believe people should work together, it is our vision for the world.
We see ourselves as a family of actors with a job to do; to use our style of theatre: music, devised work, text and a large ensemble of actors, to make plays and tell stories to others, our audiences.
Firebird Theatre is committed to bringing high quality, thought-provoking theatre made by disabled people to audiences around the country, particularly in Bristol and the south west. We aim to reach as many people as we can, through our plays and our workshops, through linking up with our audiences and the people we work with. We make plays for everyone no matter who they are and where they come from.
Firebird Theatre aims to:
- To advance education for the public benefit by the promotion of the arts, in particular, but not exclusively, the art of drama
Established: March 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1115658
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07890524226
Address: 5 Dial Hill Rd., Clevedon N. Somerset BS21 7HJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website