RE>BUILD (Bury) provides opportunities to disadvantaged local people to enable them to RE>BUILD those precious attributes of self-confidence, self-esteem and self-respect through furniture reuse
- RE>BUILD (Bury) is committed to providing good quality training, work experience and volunteering opportunities to all sections of the community within Bury, helping to develop individual skills, improve personal development and assist with each persons’ needs, so striving to alleviate social exclusion.
- RE>BUILD (Bury) is committed to enhancing the lives of individuals and families by making good quality pre- used furniture and other goods affordable for people living in the Bury area who are on low incomes, so helping to sustain tenancies and reduce poverty and homelessness.
- RE>BUILD (Bury) is committed to accepting as many reusable goods, furniture and paint from households and businesses in the area as possible, diverting them from landfill and helping the environment.
REBUILD (Bury) aims to:
- To provide work and work skills for local people, offering work experience, training and volunteering opportunities to people from any background so improving the employability of the local workforce.
- To collect donated furniture for sale at affordable prices to disadvantaged people, so improving homes, making scarce money go further, helping people to sustain their tenancies and stay out of debt
- To divert reusable household goods (including paint & bikes) from the waste stream, so reducing the amount going to landfill, reducing greenhouse gases and improving the environment.
Established: April 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1104275
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 0161 764 0444
Address: 4 Park Road, Bury BL9 5BQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
PARTICIPATION THROUGH FURNITURE RESTORATIONTO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH ADDITIONAL SUPPORT NEEDS TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES THEY WOUL... More