REBUILD runs projects that support local people, including: furniture reuse; Community RePaint; work experience for unemployed people; practical workshops for people with disabilities; English in the Workplace course; Positive Relationships course for victims of domestic violence; and produces wooden goods from reclaimed waste wood. The organisation provides basic work-related training and works to empower the individual and rebuild self-confidence and self-respect
- RE>BUILD (Bury) enables individuals to develop their skills for life and work, improves personal development, assists with each person’s needs and alleviates social exclusion through the provision of training, work experience and volunteering opportunities.
- RE>BUILD (Bury) enhances the lives of individuals and families by making good quality pre-loved furniture and other goods affordable for local people who are on low incomes, so helping to sustain tenancies and reduce poverty and homelessness.
- RE>BUILD (Bury) accepts reusable goods, furniture and paint from households and businesses, diverting them from landfill and helping the environment.
REBUILD (Bury) aims to:
- To provide skills for life and work for local people through work experience and volunteering, so rebuilding self-confidence, self-esteem and self-respect
- To collect donated furniture for sale at affordable prices to disadvantaged people, so improving homes, making scarce money go further, helping people to sustain their tenancies and stay out of debt
- To divert more reusable household goods (including paint & bikes) from the waste stream, so reducing the amount going to landfill, reducing greenhouse gases and improving the environment.
Established: April 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1104275
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 7
Phone number: 0161 764 0444
Address: 4 Park Road, Bury BL9 5BQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
FUN WITH WOODPEOPLE WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES OFTEN MISS OUT ON THE FUN OTHER HAVE DUE TO MANY ORGANIS... More