Stevenage Amateur Boxing Club

Stevenage Amateur Boxing Club

Charity information

Stevenage Amateur Boxing Club

The club started in 1953 when families came to Stevenage from North London. Originally everyone used to travel to Hitchin Boxing Club. However, at this time very few people had their own cars, so they had to use both the bus and the train, which took a long time.
There was a small youth club in a community building in the Old Town which had a few good boxers. The Stevenage Amateur Boxing Club began to meet there. Several different premises were used before the present location. Many local, County, National, and European titles have been claimed by Club boxers since 1953. The Club now hosts about 60 to 80 youngsters per night - some attending for training sessions only.

Founded 1953

  • Overview

    Established: 1953

    Phone number: 07717 254912