Oxfam. What springs to mind? Charity shops and second-hand clothes? Goats from our Oxfam Unwrapped gift catalogue, bought for people in far-flung lands? They're part of the picture. But think bigger
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
We are an independent organisation, registered as a charity, affiliated to Oxfam International, with partners, volunteers, supporters and staff of many nationalities – part of a global movement to build a just and safer world.
We are a catalyst for overcoming poverty. To achieve the greatest impact, we work on three inter-linking fronts:
- Saving lives by responding swiftly to provide aid, support and protection during emergencies;
- Developing programmes and solutions that empower people to work their way out of poverty; and
- Campaigning to achieve lasting change
Oxfam aims to:
- To promote human rights, equality and diversity, in particular where to do so contributes to the prevention and relief of poverty; in all cases working anywhere in the world.
- To prevent and relieve poverty and to protect vulnerable people, including through humanitarian intervention.
- To advance sustainable development.
Established: October 1942
Registered Charity Number: 202918
Full time staff: 1500
Phone number: 0300 200 1300
Address: Oxfam HouseJohn Smith DriveOxford OX4 2JYView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Syria Crisis AppealSeven years of brutal fighting have devastated Syria, a country that was a thriving, middl... More