A fresh start for young people in crisis.
The Amber Foundation is an independent charity that supports homeless and unemployed young people in crisis to turn their lives around.
Each year we work with 200+ young people (aged 17-30) at our residential centres in Devon, Surrey and Wiltshire and help them rebuild their lives.
Mission – To transform lives by inspiring marginalised young people to move on to sustainable, independent futures
Every year around 83,000 young people experience homelessness and more than 150,000 seek help. Young people become homeless for many reasons – family breakdown, drug and alcohol problems, leaving care, losing a job – and once homeless, it can be very difficult to find work, secure accommodation and get back on your feet.
Amber provides a supported housing environment that’s a little bit different. Not just training and support to address specific issues but new experiences and opportunities that raise aspiration and challenge residents to take responsibility for their lives.
• Structure, routine and boundaries
• Life skills such as cooking, cleaning, tenancy and financial management
• Core educational skills and practical qualifications
• Peer support and access to counselling
• Creative projects involving art, crafts, music, film, drama
• Sport and exercise
• Giving back, community engagement and volunteering
• Work experience, CV writing and mock interviews
• Support to move on to education, employment and safe accommodation
“Amber gives you the one thing in life
that everybody needs – regardless of
their background – hope. Hope and opportunity. ” Amber resident
Established in 1995, Amber has worked with over 3500 young people
In the last 5 years 80% have moved into education, employment, voluntary work or achieved a major life goal.
Amber Foundation aims to:
- Create and re-build lasting relationships
- Reduce the damage caused by substance misuse
- Remove the barriers to long term unemployment
- Reduce homelessness
- Reduce the cycle of re-offending among ex-offenders (our re-offending rate at Amber is under 10%)
Established: December 1995
Registered Charity Number: 1051388
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 25
Part time staff: 32
Phone number: 01769 582020
Address: Amber Foundation, Ashley Court EX18 7EXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Amber Youth Development ProgrammeTransform the lives of unemployed, homeless, marginalised young people with a residential ... More