Refugee Therapy Centre
Refugee Therapy Centre
Refugee Therapy Centre provides a therapeutic service that respects, and works with, the cultural and linguistic needs of refugees and asylum seekers to support integration in the UK.
Our overall aim is to 'relieve the need of refugees and asylum seekers by the provision of advice, support, assistance and psychotherapy and associated treatment. ' Our central purpose is to help refugees and asylum seekers to feel empowered to deal with their psychological difficulties by providing specialist intercultural and bilingual services.
We offer psychotherapy, counselling and support to refugees and asylum seekers who are struggling with painful memories associated with leaving their home countries and with integration into a new society. We aim to give priority to children, young people and their families and individuals who have lived in the UK for less that 10 years. We also support professionals working in the field with accredited forms of psychotherapy training and look to develop the capacity of practitioners working with refugees and asylum seekers to provide effective and appropriate therapeutic help for specific psychological needs.
Refugee Therapy Centre aims to:
- To provide a safe space so that people can rediscover their abilities and rebuild their confidence and integrate into society.
- To give priority to children, young people and their families, and those with less than 10 years in the UK at the first point of contact.
- To empower refugees to deal with their psychological difficulties in an effective and appropriate manner.
- To provide initial training fro refugees working at the Centre, for example in pyschotherapy, counselling, support work and administration.
- To develop the capacity of practitioners working with refugees and asylum seekers to provide effective and appropriate therapeutic help for specific psychological needs.
Established: December 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1085922
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 11
Phone number: 07828 049 099
Address: 1A Leeds Place Tollington Park London N4 3RFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Mentoring ProjectThe Mentoring Project is aimed at easing the process of integration for refugee and asylum... More