The Passage works with people homeless on the street in Central London. It undertakes street outreach work runs a resource centre, a 40 bed direct access hostel, 16 self-contained flats with 24 hour support on site for 16 of London's longest term rough sleepers. The resource centre provides catering, showers toilets, laundry and clothing store, health advice and medical facilities, helps people to find jobs, sort out their finances and find accommodation. Resettlement support is provided.
The mission of The Passage is to provide resources which encourage, inspire and challenge homeless people to transform their lives.
The Passage aims to:
- Prevent homelessness. A significant number of rough sleepers return to the streets following resettlement. Through our Home for Good scheme staff and volunteers support people in their new home
- Provide a safety net for people who become homeless. Our street outreach work, resource centre and hostels help over 3,000 individuals per year and support their journey from the street
- Create employment opportunities for all homeless people. Our employment and training service is helping about 10 people per month to end their homelessness by returning to full time employment.
- Increase access to health services for homeless people. Specialist workers supported 353 people with mental health and 182 people with substance misuse needs. Primary healthcare was available on site.
- Increase client ownership. Regular consultation groups were run in each area of our services.
Established: October 1980
Registered Charity Number: 1079764
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 88
Part time staff: 13
Phone number: 020 7592 1855
Address: The PassageSt Vincent's CentreCarlisle PlaceLondon SW1P 1NLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Helping Homeless People over 55 winter 2016/17Provide help to homeless people over 55 this winter. Meet needs of a warm welcome, shower... More