To support people, particularly artists and others facing inequality of opportunity, to experience, learn and create dance
Cheshire Dance leads the artistic provision and support of dance across Cheshire. It aims to fully awaken the art form of dance as inspiration to create, learn and experience. Working in partnership, Cheshire Dance is committed to increasing access and transforming lives through dance.
Cheshire Dance aims to:
- To embed a Culture of Inquiry in all our activities, using our published set of Values of Creative Practice
- To work with participants and people interested in dance who face inequality of opportunity by developing bespoke activities that are both artistically challenging and genuinely inclusive
- To work with artists and other professionals who use dance to further their aims by offering a range of training and Continuing Professional Development opportunities
- To engage and excite audiences in site-responsive outdoor dance productions involving professional dancers and participants creating and performing together.
- To advocate for dance as an art form and the benefits it brings to people from all walks of life.
Established: May 1976
Registered Charity Number: 1020584
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 20
Phone number: 01606 861770
Address: 1st Floor, Winsford Library, High St, Winsford CW7 2ASView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website