Bluecoat, Liverpool’s centre for the contemporary arts, presents visual art, music, dance, live art and literature. Built in 1717 our historic building is home to over 30 artists and organisations.
Bluecoat is Liverpool’s centre for the contemporary arts where we create a strong dynamic between art, the city and culture of Liverpool and everyday life.
Our purpose is to open up possibilities for individuals and communities by:
• offering experiences of the arts that are resonant, distinctive and profound;
• helping diverse artists to find their voice, develop their work and sustain their practice;
• opening our historic building to makers, traders and visitors;
• making connections – virtual and live - between Liverpool and the rest of the world.
Our work is shaped and developed by creating a sense of place, and through dialogue and collaboration with artists, partners, participants and audiences within and beyond our historic building.
Bluecoat aims to:
- To present, promote and celebrate artistic excellence and achievement
- To support and foster artistic potential alongside creative and entrepreneurial imagination
- To extend and enhance artistic engagement between artists, audiences, participants, and the wider public
- To extend and enhance artistic engagement with children and young people
- To highlight and communicate the impact of our work in presenting, developing and extending engagement with the arts, taking a critical view so that we can improve what we do and how we do it.
Established: April 1988
Registered Charity Number: 700862
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 30
Part time staff: 20
Phone number: 0151 702 5324
Address: Bluecoat, School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Blue RoomBlue Room gives adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to develop creative & so... More