Our work focuses on Prevention, Protection and enabling Social Change and over the next five years we aim to make 5 million children safer. Our strategy involves five specific areas: 1) Prevent child abuse in families facing adversity; 2) Prevent child sexual abuse; 3) Help children speak out and adults take action about abuse; 4) Help abused children get back on track; 5) Make children safe from abuse online.
We deliver pioneering services in local communities along with our national services
The NSPCC are the leading children's charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK and Channel Islands. We help children who have been abused to rebuild their lives, protect those at risk, and find the best ways of preventing abuse from ever happening. We are still the only UK children's charity with statutory powers that enable us to take action to safeguard children at risk of abuse.
NSPCC aims to:
- Prevent child abuse in families facing adversity. With your support we will make sure abuse is prevented by providing the right support for mums, dads and carers who are struggling.
- Prevent child sexual abuse. With your support we will develop and implement a new and innovative approach to preventing child sexual abuse.
- Help children speak out and adults take action against abuse. With your support we will give more children and adults a voice so they can speak out about abuse.
- Help abused children get back on track. With your support we will make sure the right help is available at the right time for children who need us.
- Make children safe from abuse online. With your support we will help parents understand how to keep their children safe online, and develop services that keep children safe online.
Established: July 1884
Registered Charity Number: 216401
Board members: 17
Full time staff: 1820
Part time staff: 225
Phone number: 020 3772 9372
Address: 42 Weston House, Curtain Road EC2A 3NHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website