The Art House
The Art House
The Art House exists to ensure that artists with and without disabilities have equal access to facilities and opportunities in the visual arts and crafts. Our uniquely accessible building next to Wakefield Westgate Station provides artists, both disabled and non-disabled- professional and members of the community with a range of opportunities. We provide long and short term studios, an exhibition programme, accomodation and a community studio which includes print making facilities. We run a range of courses to suit everyone from children and community members to professional artists and also participate in the bi-monthly open studios so that visitors can meet artists, discuss and even purchase work and hear a talk from the exhibiting artist. We also work nationally on specific projects to support artists.
As an inclusive organisation, The Art House aims to:
1. Promote equality of opportunity for disabled artists in all our work and through raising awareness of inclusive working.
2. Provide opportunities for artists by organising exhibitions, projects and commissions.
3. Enable artists to develop their creative practice and vocational skills by providing advice, information, training and experience.
4. Enable artists to share skills and exchange ideas by creating networking opportunities between artists, locally, nationally and internationally.
5. Provide accessible and supported facilities for artists at affordable cost.
6. Engage the community in an understanding and appreciation of the visual arts and crafts.
Registered Charity Number: 1063671
Phone number: 01924312000View charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Artists for WakefieldArtists can bring a massive change about in a commuity, stimulating peopleto reflect on cu... More