The Unicorn Theatre is the UK’s leading theatre for audiences aged 2-21, serving over 50,000 children, young people and families every year through its professional performances, participation and other events.
The vision of the Unicorn Theatre is to be at the heart of theatre for children and young people in the UK - a national beacon of professional quality theatre for, with and by children aged 2 -21 years.
We produce award winning work on our stages, our Learning and Participation programme is highly regarded by Local Authorities and schools across Greater London and we are recognised for our pioneering work for children with disabilities.
It is a central part of our mission to tour, to invite visiting companies from other countries into the building, and to be accessible to all.
Unicorn Theatre aims to:
- Commission a diverse, new canon of work for children and young people.
- Create a diverse, inclusive programme of world-class theatre for children and young people of all ages.
- Lead the way in providing access to theatre for disabled children and young people.
- Encourage the active participation of young people in the creation of theatre.
- Building a sustained relationship with schools and families through a learning and participation programme in association with the core theatre programme.
Established: January 1947
Registered Charity Number: 225751
Board members: 14
Full time staff: 25
Part time staff: 60
Phone number: 020 7645 0524
Address: Unicorn Theatre 147 Tooley Street London SE1 2HZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Unicorn Theatre: The Big ReachWe’re extending our reach by creating more theatre opportunities for young people. We’... More
UNICORN INCLUSIVE: THEATRE FOR EVERYONEThe Unicorn is the national home of transformative theatre for young people. Our key aim i... More
PLAY YOUR PARTThe Unicorn has teamed up with Quentin Blake, Britain’s best loved children’s illustra... More