Ykids works to transform the lives of children, young people and families in deprived communities in Bootle. Our innovative and creative projects work to reach children and change lives.
Ykids works with around 2000 children and young people per week via creative group work, mentoring sessions, sports work, school work, arts projects, citizenship sessions, leadership projects and activity based sessions. In addition we work with families to promote family unity, understanding and cohesion. Our projects are bespoke, creative and innovative so children, young people and families have fun and develop the skills and self confidence necessary to achieve in life and be active in their communities.
Ykids has a Christian ethos and has dedicated staff and volunteers to support children's and youth work in local churches. Our aim is to train and equip churches to run their own effective and creative work with children, young people and families.
Ykids operates 2 independent social enterprises - a cooking project and a high street cafe. Any profit generated by these businesses goes back into the charity as well as providing employment for local young people via our apprenticeship scheme.
Bootle as an area has been characterised by gangs, violence and poverty. We know that this label is often undeserved and that many of the children and young people in Bootle are highly skilled and talented with dreams for themselves and their community. Our work enables their potential to shine through. Our desire is to see the transformation of Bootle from an area characterised by poverty and crime to a vibrant cohesive community and our starting point is children and young people
Ykids aims to:
- To partner with targeted schools in order to benefit the children and young people attending , enhance the schools delivery of the curriculum and to work with those pupils needing additional support.
- To offer a personal development project to children and young people which improves health and well-being and builds transferable skills using the vehicle of sport.
- To offer an exceptional and innovative alternative education project to children in Bootle that enhances their life chances and gives positive role models to enable them to reach their full potential.
- To envision and equip local churches to effectively reach children and young people in a way that reflects the individual needs and circumstances of the local church
- To offer an exceptional and innovative alternative education project to young people in Bootle that enhances their life chances, offers opportunities for leadership and promotes positive role models.
Established: February 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1141530
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 7
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01519442111
Address: Ykids 508 Stanley Road Bootle Merseyside L20 5AFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Bootle Children's Literary FestivalYkids is hosting the first Bootle Children's literary festival. The festival is designed t... More