Erskine - meeting the needs of ex-Service men and women past, present and future
Erskine cares for more than 1,300 elderly and disabled ex-Service men and women each year.
Our Mission is to enable members fo the es-Service community to get the best care and support to achieve maximum quality of life.
Our Vision is to be recognised as the leading ex-Service charity in Scotland
Erskine (registered charity number SC006609) has been looking after veterans for almost 100 years and is a leading care organisation for ex-Service men and women in Scotland. We have helped over 75,000 people since our inception in 1916 and today help over 1,300 people every year in our care homes, cottages and social firms. With care homes in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Erskine and Bishopton; veterans’ cottages; social firms and partnership homes in Aberdeen, Dundee and Inverness we deliver Erskine care across Scotland. We remain committed to looking after Scotland’s veterans and will do so for as long as the need is there. We are ‘Proud to Care’.
Erskine aims to:
- The provision of employment opportunities for individuals with physical or other disabilities, the provision of rehabilitation assessment and training for individuals with physical disabilities and
- The creation of centres of excellence for nursing and residential care together with the creation of training opportunities for personnel involved in nursing, health care, medical & allied professions
- The provision of long term nursing care, short term and respite nursing care within the UK The provision of health care including residential long and short term, respite & day care
- The provision of housing for ex-Service men and women who are aged or infirm or disabled or handicapped (whether mentally or physically)
- The provision of financial support to men and women with a current or former record of armed service or service in support of, or alongside the armed services together with dependents
Established: October 1916
Phone number: 0141 814 4624
Address: Fundraising Department The Erskine Home Bishopton Renfrewshire PA7 5PUView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website