Friends of CHUMS
Friends of CHUMS
CHUMS is the Child Bereavement, Trauma and Emotional Wellbeing Service for Bedfordshire. CHUMS supports children and young people who are struggling to cope with the death of someone close.
The charity was established to provide support and information to bereaved children and families in Bedfordshire, Luton and the surrounding area.
We believe that all children have the right to information, guidance, support and intervention to enable them to manage the impact of death and mental health difficulties on their lives.
CHUMS provides various activities including workshops, one to one support, residential weekends and a clinical psychologist service to bereaved children in the area.
Friends of CHUMS aims to:
- To continue to be seen as a national lead in service provision for vulnerable children and young people
- To extend the support to other neighbouring areas
- To develop CHUMS to ensure that it supports the most vulnerable children and young people within the local community
- To connect with the Community, stakeholders and service users, by involving them in advising CHUMS through the Advisory Board and the Young People's Forum
- To increase children and young people's choice and develop further appropriate interventions
Established: March 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1114896
Board members: 5
Phone number: 01525863924
Address: Wrest Park Enterprise Centre Wrest Park Silsoe Beds MK45 4HSView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
CHUMS Children's Trauma ServiceThe CHUMS Trauma Service works therapeutically with traumatised children and teenagers in ... More