CHUMS is the Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Service for Bedfordshire. CHUMS Charity supports the gaps in local mental health provision for children and young people who are struggling to cope, and their families. The 5 services include the Trauma Service, Bedfordshire Suicide Bereavement Service, Recreational Therapeutic football & music programmes, the Babyloss Service and our Disability Friendship Scheme.
The charity was established to provide support and information to bereaved children and families in Bedfordshire, Luton and the surrounding area.
We have grown significantly beyond this to provide a broad range of support.
CHUMS provides various activities including workshops, one to one support, residential weekends and a clinical psychologist service to bereaved children in the area.
CHUMS Charity aims to:
- To continue to be seen as a national lead in service provision for vulnerable children and young people
- To extend the support to other neighbouring areas
- To develop CHUMS to ensure that it supports the most vulnerable children and young people within the local community
- To connect with the Community, stakeholders and service users, by involving them in advising CHUMS through the Advisory Board and the Young People's Forum
- To increase children and young people's choice and develop further appropriate interventions
Established: March 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1179048
Board members: 6
Phone number: 01525863924
Address: Wrest Park Enterprise Centre, Wrest Park MK45 4HSView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
CHUMS Children's Trauma ServiceThe CHUMS Trauma Service works therapeutically with traumatised children and teenagers in ... More