Oldham Coliseum Theatre Ltd
Oldham Coliseum Theatre Ltd
Oldham Coliseum Theatre provides a wide variety of distinctive and high-quality theatre performance and participatory activities for people from all communities in Oldham and Greater Manchester.
Oldham Coliseum Theatre is one of the most established and well-attended venues in the North West, and provides a wide variety of distinctive and high-quality theatre performance and participatory activities for people from all communities in Oldham and Greater Manchester. It produces eight in-house shows each year and is also a receiving house for a variety of visiting companies and artists.
New plays are the cornerstone of the theatre industry and their quality is dependent on the skill, creativity and vision of playwrights. The Coliseum is dedicated to nurturing talent, offering support and advice to writers of all abilities and pursuing a policy of commissioning new work.
The Coliseum’s participatory programme works extensively with communities across the borough, facilitating cultural production through a comprehensive range of outreach activities and projects.
The theatre delivers this mission by:
• Ensuring the Coliseum and its work is an integral part of the cultural and artistic life of its community and is a resource for all
• Making live theatre that is both popular and inspiring
• Building community cohesion through participation and outreach projects which explore cultural identity and common ground
• Developing opportunities for a wide range of participants to learn through theatre and develop their theatre skills across all areas of the company
• Acting as a focal point in the social and economic regeneration of Oldham
Oldham Coliseum Theatre Ltd aims to:
- Work extensively across the borough of Oldham and its environs with communities that would not normally access our cultural production through a comprehensive bespoke programme of outreach work
- Encourage new writing of plays, both through commissioning work for production at the Coliseum and by promoting participatory activity for beneficiaries interested in developing their writing skills
- Facilitate learning within a professional producing environment, allowing people in education and in the early stages of their careers the opportunity to work alongside experienced practitioners
- Produce and present a diverse repertoire of plays from the 20th & 21st Centuries at the Coliseum Theatre in Oldham and on tour throughout Britain. Present the work of artists visiting the theatre.
Established: February 1979
Registered Charity Number: 508829
Board members: 16
Full time staff: 30
Part time staff: 18
Phone number: 0161 624 1731
Address: Oldham Coliseum Theatre Fairbottom Street Oldham Lance OL1 3SWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website