Valleys Kids offer a lifeline to individuals and families who are on the edge, struggling to survive, living in ex-mining communities of the South Wales Valleys. We work with disadvantaged children, young people and families helping them to help themselves to overcome the obstacles they face. Over the last 40 years, we've changed the lives of thousands of people giving them access to free activities & opportunities including: Play, Youth, Family Support, Residentials, Arts & Volunteering
Valley Kids vision is “a celebration of the achievement of individuals, who through trying different activities and having different experiences, broaden their horizons and achieve their potential”.
Opportunity is often hard to come by in the Valleys. We believe, that given the right opportunities, support and encouragement at the right time, anyone can change their lives for the better.
We believe that everyone should have the chance to make the journey from dependence to independence, despite poverty and urban degeneration which threatens the future of our children.
Valleys Kids aims to:
- Enable children & young people to grow and develop and to achieve their potential through play, education, recreation and creative activities.
- Enable young people who are alienated from society to develop their self-respect and confidence, helping them to integrate into society and play a constructive role in their community.
- Support families to explore the challenges that face them and help them to work together to find solutions to those challenges.
- Enable people from the local communities to develop their skills, to gain knowledge and to realise their full potential.
- Encourage local people to find solutions to challenges in their communities and become active citizens, thereby empowering communities.
Established: February 1977
Registered Charity Number: 1074840
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 37
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01443 420 870
Address: 1 Cross Street, Penygraig, Rhondda Cynon Taff CF40 1LDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Little Bryn Gwyn - Building our DreamWe are creating a 30 bed flagship sustainable Eco-Residential Centre benefitting disadvant... More