An international arts organisation, developing and presenting new work in theatre, music, visual arts and dance that challenges the way we see the world.
Dash Arts aims to:
• Seek artistic collaboration across national, religious, linguistic, cultural and social divides.
• Develop, present and produce new work that challenges the ways in which we see the world.
• Take UK artists abroad to work with and learn from artists in different parts of the world.
• Provide access to new international artists for audiences all over the country.
• Encourage cross art form collaborations and experiments.
Dash aims to be a new kind of arts company; exploring a new type of international arts practice. With no permanent base, we are not tied to any one institution, so work through partnerships across the country. Our aim is to create new works in theatre, music, dance, and visual art, and a full participation programme, which reflect the diversity of experience in the UK today and show a range of cultures, places, languages and beliefs. Our work is created from many different influences and our aim is to bring this practice to the heart of the UK arts scene.
Our next major series of work will be an artistic journey through the diverse lands, people, stories and cultures of the former Soviet Union. From October 2012 we will be traveling to the major cities of Russia, the Caucasus, Central Asia, Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine, meeting and working with theatre, dance, music and visual artists.
For more information see http://www. Dasharts. Org. Uk/future. Html
To find out how you can support our work see http://www. Dasharts. Org. Uk/support. Html
Established: June 2001
Registered Charity Number: 1089222
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 02073776606
Address: Unit 22 Toynbee Studios 28 Commercial Street London E1 6ABView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
DASH LIGHTS: the Dash Arts Supporters SchemeJoin the Dash Lights, our exclusive supporters' scheme, and help us to create a season of ... More