Emmaus Hull is raising the funds to provide accommodation and work (reuse, refurbishment & recycle business) for people who are homeless in the Hull and East Riding Area. Target is the final £500,000.
Emmaus Hull is a community approach to tackling homelessness in Hull and the East Riding area. We are seeking to provide homeless people a HOME by providing each person with their own safe and comfortable, en-suite room within quality communal living accommodation. WORK - full-time within all aspects of the community business and a FUTURE through companionship and the support of other people to recover self-respect, take responsibility for their own lives and to help others less fortunate than themselves. Chevin Housing Association are our build partners and we have enough funding to build the accommodation. We now only have to raise £500,000 to be able to start on site and construct the social enterprise building. We are nearly there - can you help us to make this scheme a reality? Thank you.
Emmaus Hull aims to:
- Create and support a Community of up to 30 participants who will live and work at Emmaus Hull (average stay is 8 months)
- Acquire a site with access to local transport and shops providing high energy efficient and low maintenance accommodation and related facilities (Hull City Council is leasing Lockwood Street to us)
- Identify and manage sustainable trading activities to provide work for up to 30 people and income streams to meet the annual running costs of the Emmaus Hull. (Emmaus Communities become self-funding)
- Secure capital funding from national and local fundraising initiatives to lease land and develop the new Emmaus Hull Community building. (We have secured 1.9m and only need the final £500,000)
- Work closely with statutory bodies, homeless agencies and other stakeholders to ensure the Emmaus Hull Community makes a significant contribution to the wider community in Hull and East Riding;
Established: August 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1126497
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 01482 348663
Address: Suffolk Chambers Scale Lane Hull HU1 1LAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website