Age Concern Herne Bay
Age Concern Herne Bay
Age Concern Herne Bay provides a variety of services to older people, their families and carers. Some services are free, for others a reasonable charge is made. Some services are provided direct to a person at home, others are provided at one of our two centres in the town.
Other services available.
• Handyman. Someone to help out with minor home maintenance and, small repair jobs at a reasonable cost.
• Home from Hospital. A free service which helps people settle back at home after a stay in hospital.
• Dementia Outreach Service. A support service for those caring for a family member who is suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer’s.
• Information and Form filling service. This can help with filling in forms, check your benefit entitlement, give you accurate and up-to-date information.
• Toe Nail Cutting Service. For a small charge this service is available at the Hampton Centre.
• Laundry. This service is available to those who are unable to manage their own laundry which is collected and delivered on a weekly basis.
• Computer lessons. Once a week a volunteer provides lessons in basic computer, internet and e-mail skills.
At Hampton Centre, Hampton Pier Avenue, Herne Bay.
This centre opens seven days a week 9am to 4pm. The purpose of the Hampton Day Centre is to provide a centre where older people who are housebound through frailty can meet with others of a similar age group for social interaction and where their self-respect is maintained, their privacy respected and their opinions valued. A home cooked meal and transport is provided. Those attending can also use the other services on offer at the centre;
• Bathing, Hairdressing, Chiropody, Laundry, Advice and Information, Exercise groups, Activities, Social functions and much more.
• At Hazell Nevill Centre Mortimer Street, Herne Bay.
The first floor of this centre is open from Monday to Saturday each week. The centre has been developed to provide specialist day care to a high standard for older people suffering from Alzheimer’s or Dementia. Stimulation and therapy are an integral part of the care provided by experienced staff in pleasant homely surroundings. Places can be purchased privately although most of the people attending are at present funded by Kent County Council Social Services.
On the ground floor of the Hazell Nevill Centre there is a lunch club open 3 days each week for older people to enjoy a home- cooked meal in comfortable surroundings at a reasonable cost.
Registered Charity Number: 1047605
Phone number: 01227 360494View charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
New Building for Age Concern Herne BayTo build a new eco friendly buiding to house our existing services which are currently in... More