"IJAD Dance Company is passionate about delivering high-quality, innovative, technology led performance pieces that make the contemporary dance world accessible to all. "
IJAD Dance Company aim to bring quality dance experience to those who have little access to it, through direct participation.
Since it’s founding in 1999 has engaged over 600 young people. The charity delivers dance projects and training programs to communities and are experienced in working with hard to engage young people, young mums, refugees and older people.
We currently provide two main services for young people 8 -19 and 50+;
• community performance projects
• bespoke dance workshops and training programs
Both are skill orientated focusing on dance technique, creative skills, communication skills and are delivered through connections with schools and other youth, community and arts organizations, including PRU Units and NDC’s. All our activities are aimed at helping the participents to build self esteem, get healthier, and to have transferable skills
IJAD has a policy of taking its work directly to those who need it most and provide an environment where active minds are engaged creatively.
IJAD aims to:
- THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE PERFORMING ARTS ACROSS REAL AND VIRTUAL PLATFORMS, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM IN GENERAL
- TO PROVIDE OR FACILITATE OR ASSIST IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION OR OTHER LEISURE TIME ACTIVITY IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE FOR THE PUBLIC AT LARGE.
- TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THE PERFORMING ARTS.
- Passionate about delivering high-quality, innovative, technology led performance pieces that make the contemporary dance world accessible to all."
Established: November 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1080776
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 11
Phone number: 07930 378 639
Address: 22 Allison Road N8 0ATView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
In-VisibleIn-Visible: is a sophisticatedly crafted, immersive dance-theatre and film performance fro... More