Melanoma Focus funds research, provides information for patients, carers and healthcare professionals and supports public education about melanoma. We differ from many other medical charities as our work is underpinned by an eminent Board of Trustees and a professional core membership of more than 280 scientists, clinicians and nurses.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and authoritative source of information for public and professionals, as well as supporting education and promoting research about melanoma.
Early detection of the disease is important, before it spreads around the body - but avoidance is the best policy. In our mission to improve the public understanding of melanoma we explain how to take simple precautions and what to look out for.
Our position within the charity sector gives us a strong voice in national discussions and debates about avoiding, detecting and treating this potentially devastating disease.
Melanoma Focus aims to:
- Produce information that will give a better understanding of the disease, its treatment and avoidance. Make this information available to patients, their families and the general public
- Improve knowledge among clinicians, scientists and others in the healthcare sector
- Act as a professional membership organisation for everyone working in the melanoma field in the UK
- Contribute to national debates on issues affecting patients, including engagement with healthcare officials
- Raise money to fund projects with direct benefit for patients as well as clinical studies into the treatment of melanoma
Established: November 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1124716
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 01223 324359
Address: Queen Anne House, Gonville Place, Cambridge CB1 1NDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website