Home-Start Hampshire is a voluntary organisation in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to young families under stress to help give their children the best possible start in life. It supports parents as they grow in confidence, strengthen their relationships with their children and widen their links with the local community.
Home-Start Hampshire wants to see a society in which every parent has the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life. It believes that children need a happy and secure childhood and that parents play the key role in giving their children a good start in life and helping them achieve their full potential. Home-Start Hampshire is an independent voluntary organisation which works towards the increased confidence and independence of the family through offering support, friendship and practical assistance. To us every family is special and we respond to each family’s needs through a combination of home-visiting support, group work and social events.
All relationships are based on good communication, respect and trust.
In all external and internal dealings Home-Start Hampshire works within and demonstrate the essential ethos of: choice, partnership, openness, encouragement, flexibility, responsiveness …. And enjoyment! This ethos and approach is valued by the staff, families and volunteers alike. Its consistent application throughout the organisation has ensures all involved in Home-Start Hampshire can be assured of and benefit from the quality and standards enshrined in the ethos and approach. Home-Start Hampshire is rooted in the community it serves – managed locally but supported by the national organisation which offers direction, training, information and guidance to ensure consistent and quality support for parents and children.
Home-start Hampshire aims to:
- To empower families through visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected
- To reassure parents that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual and encouraging enjoyment in family life and recognise the strengths wihtin family life.
- To develop a unique relationship with the family in which time can be shared and understanding can be developed; the approach is flexible to take account of different needs
- Yo encourage the parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children
- To reduce isolation through encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available within the community.
Established: June 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1144661
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 25
Phone number: 01252398530
Address: Home-Start Hampshire, Rushmoor Borough Council Offices, Farnborough Road GU14 7JUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website