Refugee Action exists to enable refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK rebuild their lives safely, free from poverty and injustice. For 35 years, we have been a leading charity in providing expert advice to people seeking safety in the UK. We provide asylum crisis services and one-on-one support for people fleeing conflict zones across the world. We also campaign fiercely to bring about positive policy change and build capacity in grass-roots organisations offering advice to refugees.
Refugee Action plays a leading role in overcoming the challenges facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. By collaborating with other organisations, and listening to the refugees we work with, we help to provide essential services to people who desperately need them. We make sure their legal rights are upheld, and that they have the necessary resources to rebuild their lives. Through mobilising public and political support for policy change, we hope to create a future in which every refugee and person seeking asylum in the UK has the chance to rebuild their life with dignity.
Refugee Action aims to:
- Vulnerable people seeking asylum will increase knowledge of their rights and take positive action in rebuilding their lives.
- We will achieve positive outcomes for refugees arriving in the UK through excellent resettlement support tailored to individual needs.
- UK organisations working with people who have escaped war, persecution and terror abroad will increase their skills and expertise, develop new service delivery models and be better linked up.
- We will establish an effective community sponsorship training and support programme reflecting the needs of refugees resettling in the UK.
- Positive changes in the asylum system will be secured that improve the experience of people seeking asylum, including changes to the decision-making process and the right to work.
Established: October 1981
Registered Charity Number: 283660
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 77
Part time staff: 37
Phone number: 02079521572
Address: Victoria Charity Centre ,11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Refugee Voices: Empowering Refugees to Speak OutThe scale of the global refugee crisis often overshadows the individual stories of the tho... More