Camden Music Trust
Camden Music Trust
Camden Music Trust is a charity that helps children and young people living in Camden access music education regardless of obstacles including living with a disability or financial circumstances. In Camden, almost 32% of children live below the poverty line. For them gaining access to music tuition can be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Camden Music Trust is committed to addressing this.
A love of music is developed at a young age and nurtured throughout our lives. Music inspires, excites, uplifts, connects… and it does so much more. Music helps a child’s overall development; it builds confidence and self-esteem, supports academic achievement, improves sociability, fosters discipline and patience and promotes creativity. These soft skills are vitally important in the growth and wellbeing of children and young adults – raising aspiration and opening up life chances.
Our aim is to ensure all children and young people living in Camden receive and benefit from music tuition and engagement.
We raise money for:
• Four-year scholarships for talented children facing challenging circumstances.
• Musical events designed to include children with Special Educational Needs across the borough including the biennial Camden Music Festival at the Royal Albert Hall and other concerts.
• Saturday music centres, 35 youth ensembles (jazz groups, orchestras and choirs) and holiday courses.
• Musical instruments for loan to children and young people facing challenging financial circumstances.
Camden Music Trust aims to:
- Our aim is to ensure all children and young people living in Camden receive and benefit from music tuition and engagement.
Established: February 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1126046
Board members: 9
Phone number: 07977 495428
Address: 62 Woodsome Road NW5 1RZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website