We are an international development charity and a voice for human rights. We support people in developing countries to understand their rights, and change their lives for the better.
We support people in practical ways to understand their rights – and put them into action - so they can change their lives for the better.
We do this because we believe that when people are denied their basic rights, they are denied the opportunity to fulfil their potential and become trapped in cycles of poverty and inequality.
Our work in Latin America, West Africa and the Middle East empowers people, communities and governments to change lives for the better by:
- Connecting people globally to share knowledge, experience and expertise
- Working in partnerships based on trust, respect and collaboration
- Promoting responsible, sustainable and innovative use of the planet’s resources
- Encouraging local and global participation to build a more equal society
- Supporting people and communities to thrive and fulfil their potential
International Service aims to:
- To support local charities and government bodies to strengthen their capacity to deliver services that meet the needs of the most excluded people: women, young people, and people with disabilities.
- To support local charities and government bodies to strengthen internal organisational processes so they can function effectively.
Established: February 1953
Registered Charity Number: 1069182
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 40
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01904 731145
Address: International Service, Rougier House, 5 Rougier Street, York YO1 6HZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
FULL-G Functional Literacy & Livelihoods for GirlsFULL-G builds on community assets to create access to education for disengaged girls in th... More