As a charity which genuinely changes lives through dance, working especially with children and hard to reach young people, it is vital that we raise funds to help deliver and develop our work.
We provide vital opportunities supporting wellbeing projects, especially for young people with limited access to high quality arts experiences.
We are Lancashire's leading dance development organisation that uses dance as a tool to empower, inspire and engage young people. We run projects throughout the year which aim to:
- Reduced sense of fear, isolation and anxiety
- Increased confidence, sociability and self-esteem
- Greater connectedness to others, a feeling of inclusion
We prioritise hard to reach people and places, placing excellence, engagement and learning at the heart of our work. We champion work with and for young people and proactively contribute to the development of a thriving dance ecology across Lancashire and the North West by providing progression routes in dance, the arts and cultural activity.
Ludus Dance aims to:
- Cultural Engagement and Progression – To develop a compelling, innovative and connected cultural offer in dance, targeting communities and individuals in areas where the arts are under-represented.
- Artistic Excellence in Production – To provide excellent high quality experiences in dance and its associated art forms and develop artistic excellence through practice and training.
- Diverse People and Practices – To grow an organisation that represents and celebrates the wide spectrum of people and cultures that make up contemporary Britain and to produce socially relevant work.
- Financial Rigor – To be a financially stable arts organisation with room for growth achieved through continuing to diversify income streams.
- Operational Rigor – To be a strong, capable and fair organisation through collaborative leadership at Board and senior management levels.
Established: June 1975
Registered Charity Number: 1144163
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 10
Phone number: 0152435936
Address: Ludus Dance, Assembly Rooms, King Street, Lancaster LA1 1REView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website