Washington Mind provides mental health and wellbeing support and guidance, services, activities and training. We deliver a quality mental health service for local people in order to improve their mental and physical health and to foster skills and confidence needed to re-engage with other community resources. We promote; wellbeing and recovery, independence, dignity and respect, choice and to challenge stigma and discrimination enabling us to offer a recovery focused approach.
Washington Mind’s mission is to work in partnership with our community to promote recovery and improve mental health and wellbeing.
Washington Mind aims to:
- Passionate and committed to providing an accessible, quality service for all
- Supporting people to independently live individual, valued, healthy lives
- Celebrating and respecting the value and uniqueness of every individual
- Challenging any stigma surrounding mental health
- Treating everyone with the same dignity and respect we would want for ourselves
Established: June 1981
Registered Charity Number: 1156010
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 15
Phone number: 0191 4178043
Address: The Life House, Grasmere Terrace, Columbia, Washington NE38 7LPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website