Since 2000, Punchdrunk has pioneered a game changing form of theatre in which roaming audiences experience epic storytelling inside sensory theatrical worlds. Blending classic texts, physical performance, award-winning design installation and unexpected sites, the company's infectious format rejects the passive obedience usually expected of audiences.
At the heart of Punchdrunk's charitable work is Punchdrunk Enrichment's work with schools and communities.
The worlds that Punchdrunk makes are transformative for those who experience them firsthand as audiences. Since 2008, Punchdrunk Enrichment has inspired and engaged participants through projects that focus on the innate creativity and imagination of the individual.
Punchdrunk Enrichment takes the company's innovative practice into communities and schools, creating performances with and for children, young people and participants. Integral to the creation of this work is the same commitment to exemplary design and performance that defines Punchdrunk’s large-scale productions for adult audiences
Punchdrunk aims to:
- Through our schools projects, achieve meaningful and measurable change in pupils’ engagement and enjoyment of school life, particularly relating to literacy and oracy.
- Increase access to our groundbreaking theatrical work across the UK – in particular through reaching schools in deprived areas and broadening our schools programme nationally.
- Encourage cultural shifts in schools to make arts based learning part of the core curriculum, and more broadly to support the case for the importance of creativity in learning and teaching practices.
- Break new theatrical ground through an ambitious artistic research and development programme, exploring and testing new ideas and pushing the boundaries of theatrical experiences.
- Nurture a diverse range of creative practitioners through a talent development programme.
Established: January 2000
Registered Charity Number: 1113741
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 02076550940
Address: Cannon Factory, Ashley Road N17 9LHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website