The company plays a vital role in the cultural industry in Wales, in developing, producing and presenting high quality theatre, as well as offering creative opportunities to young people.
Sherman Cymru has four areas of operation working in both Welsh and English:
• A year round programme of drama, dance and comedy
• Creating and touring of Sherman Cymru productions across Wales and beyond
• Writer development, working with Welsh and Wales-based writers
• Creative Learning – offering creative opportunities for young people and people from marginalised communities
Through these areas of operation, the objectives of Sherman Cymru are to promote and encourage art and in particular art for the benefit of the public by the development, production and presentation of new writing or work of any form, the provision of theatre facilities and the advancement of education of children, young people and adults by the participation in the experience of theatre, drama and the performing arts.
Sherman Cymru aims to:
- To offer a meaningful involvement in creative activity for young people, encouraging a life long relationship with the arts.
- The recognise and find ways to engage creatively, the cultural and ethnic diversity communities in Cardiff and the surrounding areas
- To produce an ambitious and inventive artistic programme that will appeal to a diverse audience demographic
- To present a programme by visiting companies and artists that makes a distinctive contribution to the work audiences can see in South Wales
- To provide visitors to Sherman Cymru with a theatre building and facilities that are of high quality and that enhance people's experience whilst enjoying creative activity.
Established: April 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1118364
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 23
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 029 2064 6975
Address: Sherman Cymru Senghennydd Road Cardiff CF24 4YEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Closing phase of redevelopment campaignSherman Cymru is in the final stages of its redevelopment to transform south Wales's only ... More