The Impact Trust is a public benefit organisation dedicated to advancing sustainable development by promoting sustainability leadership in practice. We focus on building the literacies that contribute to sustainability leadership in practice and citizenship in action.
ROUTES TO RESILIENCE
Routes to Resilience is a programme of the Impact Trust that offers a suite of courses & immersion programmes that connect youth and educators to the knowledge they need to think, lead & live sustainably.
We seek to help youth envision and realise an alternative emerging future by developing mastery in leadership practice and promoting new and better ways of living sustainably in the world.
Our mission is to ensure that young people:
• View themselves as an integral and important part of society with the skills and action competence necessary to influence and enable change in their world;
• Develop a deep understanding of key concepts and the ability to apply these in a variety of contexts to tackle relevant and urgent real life issues as part of a wider global society;
• Know how to think, be, act effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing world, to develop the adaptability, vision and courage to live in a way that will create a more resilient, sustainable, compassionate world
• See life, events and knowledge as inter-dependent and systemic and develop an advance understanding of the multi-faceted and inter-connected nature of the economic, social and environmental challenges facing the world;
• Achieve the ability to think critically and with personal compassion and social empathy, to communicate clearly, be innovative and creative in solution seeking and flexible and open to change and challenge, maintaining a willingness to iterate and learn continuously, to act collaboratively and problem solve with confidence;
• Future –proof life and career decisions by building resilience, flexibility and the versatility to adapt to an evolving emergent future.
Impact Trust aims to:
- To promote sustainability leadership in education at all levels of a community and increase early and advanced education and knowledge of the challenge of sustainability and sustainable development;
- To better guide and inform teaching practice & lesson content through the provision of accredited programmes for continued professional development and youth focused leadership development offerings
- To promote the development of action global citizenship in youth by providing essential grounding in sustainability and systems thinking at the earliest opportunity in life and career decisions
- To equip youth with vision and capacity for mastery in leadership responses to sustainability by promoting an experiential, inquiry based real-life problem solving approach to active learning
Established: November 2015
Registered Charity Number: 1167011
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 07444382270
Address: 31 Woodend Drive, Ascot SL5 8BDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Equipping Youth To Be Resilient LeadersYouth are the world's future custodians. The Routes to Resilience Sygnature Award equips y... More