We aim to support young people as much as possible to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle both during and after treatment. Our work includes:
Individualised cancer rehabilitation programmes
Clinical support in Hospitals for young people and Health professionals
Online virtual cancer rehab support
Cancer related fatigue workshops
Monthly walk & talk sessions
Well-Being and Lifestyle Days
Cooking and Healthy Living Workshops
Support and attend national conferences
Dedicated to supporting children & young people living with cancer through the power of exercise and sport
MOVE Charity aims to:
- To support children and young people living with cancer through the power of physical activity and exercise.
- To educate health professionals on the importance of cancer rehabilitation within the cancer care pathway.
- Educating and supporting parents, guardians and carers on the benefits of cancer rehabilitation
- Provide physical, mental and social well-being support to children and young people living with cancer
- To raise the awareness of the importance of physical, mental and social well-being and the relationships with cancer.
Established: February 2016
Registered Charity Number: 1165675
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07824631709
Address: 21 Cleeve Mount, Loughborough LE11 4SDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Move Against Cancer, Virtual support programmeThe project will provide practical, social and tailor made support to help young people mo... More