Launched in Ghana's Northern Region, Teach2Teach offers community teacher training to local unemployed young people who have completed their secondary education. The volunteers undertake year-long work placements in primary schools where there are not enough professional teachers, improving teacher-pupil ratios and the quality of teaching in the most overcrowded primary schools. At the end of programme, the Community Volunteer Teachers (CVTs) receive a training certificate.
Teach2Teach will train community volunteer teachers to work in their communities. Piloting in northern Ghana, this innovative programme will provide volunteers with the tools and skills to improve the educational outcomes of their students, and to transform both their own prospects for future employment and those of their students - the next generation of wealth generators.
Teach2Teach provides the following solution :
- A two-year blended holistic in-service training programme which will train a new generation of highly motivated, quality community volunteer teachers in modern and best pedagogical practice.
- Drawn from the communities, they will work in these communities.
- We also train and mobilise the head teachers, qualified teachers, local community leaders and local stakeholders to support them.
- The project's innovation lies in this community focus and ownership.
- The project's success lies in the change we will make in the classroom, in the community, in the CVTs and in their pupils.
Teach2Teach International aims to:
- We will train a new generation of highly motivated, quality volunteer teachers drawn from the communities in which they will work. The project's innovation lies in this community focus.
Established: July 2017
Registered Charity Number: 1175660
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07539994488
Address: 109 Elgin Crescent, London W11 2JFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Community Volunteer Teaching ProgrammeTeach2Teach will train community volunteer teachers to work in their communities. Piloting... More