Hull Women's Aid
Hull Women's Aid
Hull Women’s Aid is an independent charity providing support to women and children experiencing domestic abuse
Hull Women’s Aid has been established for 42 years and is a member of the Women’s Aid Federation of England. We are the sole provider of safe and secure refuge accommodation on the north bank of the Humber for women and children fleeing domestic violence. We support both women and children who are experience/fleeing domestic violence and abuse by providing temporary accommodation and individual support to women. The refuge address is confidential and all women in the refuge are escaping from a domestic relationship. As well as the refuge we also support women and children on an outreach and floating support basis, this means that all women can receive the support they need even if not suitable or not comfortable in refuge accommodation, our children’s workers also visit schools throughout Hull visiting children and offering support to those who have experienced or witnessed domestic abuse.
Hull Women's Aid aims to:
- To assist women and children who are experiencing/fleeing domestic violence/abuse.
- To provide temporary accommodation and support in the refuge for women and children who have had to leave their homes due to abuse.
- To encourage the women to determine their own futures and to help them achieve it whether it involves returning home or starting a new life elsewhere.
- To recognise and care for the physical, emotional and educational needs of the children involved.
- To work with partner organisations to improve the quality of life for women and children who are living with/fleeing domestic violence.
Established: September 1975
Registered Charity Number: 1160440
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01482446099
Address: PO BOX 557 HU5 2YBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website