Sahir House supports people living with, or affected by HIV in Merseyside and North Cheshire. We provide a wide range of services including: help to get people housing/food, advocacy, counselling/psychotherapy, peer support, family support, skills development and employability.
We also provide training and information about HIV and sexual health to thousands of professionals, young people and the general public.
Sahir House exists to provide information and support to people living with, or affected by or at risk of HIV, and to increase knowledge and reduce stigma related to HIV and sexual health among the wider population.
The values of the organisation are based on the founding principles of the charity but also have developed over its span of operations. The values listed here represent those considered most essential to the running of the charity by a broad range of stakeholders including service users, trustees, volunteers, funders and staff. The core values of Sahir House are:
• Empowering – Sahir House helps people to help themselves, our services should help people move towards goals they have set themselves
• Safe – Sahir House provides a space in which people can speak freely without fear of prejudice, stigma, abuse or exploitation and where their personal information and right to confidentially will be respected
• Welcoming of Diversity – Sahir House recognises that all people have equal value and human rights and celebrates the differences between us
• Ethical – Sahir House seeks to work in partnership rather than in competition and to conduct its affairs with integrity, openness and mindfulness of the organisation’s wider impact
• Evolving – Sahir House recognises that issues related to its core work change over time, hence the organisation is committed to responding to the changing needs of its current and potential service users
Sahir House aims to:
- To address the changing needs of people living with, affected by or at risk of HIV
- To increase awareness of and reduce stigma and discrimination relating to HIV
- To reduce onward transmission of HIV to zero (or as close to zero as possible)
- To provide high quality services, which have real impact on the lives of beneficiaries - and be able to evidence that impact
Established: February 1985
Registered Charity Number: 1077327
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 7
Part time staff: 10
Phone number: 01512373989
Address: 151 Dale St, Liverpool L2 2AHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Celebration of LifeSahir House is holding a range of events including a fabulous evening of music at the Live... More