Waves Seaford Limited
Waves Seaford Limited
WAVES’ aim is to make a real difference to families in Seaford at risk of crisis and breakdown and to provide practical ways to help families re-build their lives, offering help and support as they face changes and new directions in life and to be there for them when they feel utter hopelessness. We are committed to building long term relationships of trust, consistent support and encouragement for as long as it is needed.
In order to achieve our aims we work in four main areas:-
1. WAVES Drop In Centre – The Centre, which is run with the assistance of 20 volunteers, is in the middle of Seaford town providing a clean, comfortable and safe place for families to meet with a play area, changing facilities, a place to feed babies and free refreshments for parents/carers and children; it provides a much needed oasis and gives those who come in an opportunity to meet others in similar situations and to form friendships, to access help, advice and support.
2. Family Support – For families who need some more support, we arrange a visit from our part-time family worker who will assess each situation and arrange for support in the best way possible. This may involve supportive visits from a volunteer, the offer of a sympathetic ear, guidance on family boundaries and routines or help to access specific services.
3. Listening Service – WAVES offers a weekly listening service for children in the 5 local primary schools in Seaford and Alfriston. This allows some children, with their carer’s consent, the opportunity to talk through issues that are causing them concern and which they do not always want to talk about with their carers or teachers. This service is provided by volunteers.
4. Courses – WAVES ensures volunteers attend safe guarding courses, but also offers volunteers courses in listening, and First Aid. We also offer the services of a Triple P facilitator at the Centre.
Waves Seaford Limited aims to:
- Our main aim is to make a real difference to the lives of families in Seaford who are at risk of breakdown and assist them as they face difficult situations.
Established: July 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1118771
Board members: 9
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01323873797
Address: 8 Church Street, Seaford, East Sussex BN25 1HGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website