Applecart believes that stories are potent and have the ability to change, challenge and strengthen communities.
We have recently opened Applecart Arts, a new community arts centre in London’s East End. Applecart is committed to rejuvenating world heritage and community stories for a new generation: retelling them in an exciting, challenging and entertaining way.
Applecart tells stories that challenge injustice and prejudice and bring people together on a global scale.
Applecart will be celebrated as a world-renowned storytelling initiative.
1. To be storytellers of the highest quality.
2. To be ground breaking in the performing and visual arts.
3. To seek innovative ways of communicating.
4. To find stories that enrich people’s lives and unite communities.
5. To find ways in which to reach the biggest audience possible.
6. To reawaken the global community to the value of story.
7. To encourage artists and performers to engage with story.
8. To resource educators.
9. Through all of this we will ensure and protect creative integrity in every aspect of our work.
10. To prioritise equality and justice above success or advancement.
Applecartlive Ltd aims to:
- TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION, PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION OF THE DRAMATIC ARTS BY PROVIDING HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCES WHICH ARE OF EDUCATIONAL, CULTURAL AND SPIRITUAL VALUE TO THE COMMUNITY
- TO TEACH, TRAIN AND ENCOURAGE YOUNG ARTISTS AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC IN THE ARTS OF STORYTELLING AND DRAMATIC PRESENTATION.
Established: December 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1145135
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0203 475 4280
Address: 170 Harold Road, London E13 0SEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website