The Ucheldre Centre is a registered charity running a community arts centre in a former convent chapel in Holyhead. Ucheldre takes pride in having survived and prospered for over 26 years. It delivers an enviable, wide-ranging programme of both professional and amateur productions, satellite broadcasts, films, exhibitions and participatory activities. It has nurtured a safe and creative atmosphere in which artistic talent can flourish in a very deprived area of Wales.
Ucheldre’s mission is to provide a first-class arts centre for professional performing, visual and cinematic arts for the people of Holyhead, Anglesey and North West Wales, as well as opportunities for local community participation, activity, and performance.
A top quality and varied programme of performance events remains at the heart of the Centre’s existence. A summary of activity for a typical year, is as follows:
• 43,785 Visitors to Exhibitions
• 230 Sessions of workshops for children, involving 2649 attendances.
• 95 Sessions of regular painting, patchwork, portrait, life classes classes
involving 805 attendances.
• 10 Sessions of opera workshops with 70 attendances.
• 10 Exhibition talks.
• 63 Professional performances.
• 20 Amateur performances.
• 183 Screenings of 47 film titles, 2,684 attendances.
• 12 Exhibitions.
• 138 Sessions including, Music Club, Jazz Club, Repertory Company, Literary Society,and Rhwng involving 1454 participants.
• 104 Sessions of Community use, involving 3,221 participants.
Ucheldre Centre aims to:
- Children's art club for a year, holiday workshops and children's shows.
Established: June 1991
Registered Charity Number: 1008593
Board members: 15
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 24
Phone number: 01407 763361
Address: Millbank, Holyhead, Anglesey LL65 1TEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Children's ProgrammeTo provide year long art club, holiday workshops in various art forms and shows for childr... More