Baynards Zambia Trust
Baynards Zambia Trust
Our programmes are delivered by our Zambian partner, The Zambian Rainbow Development Foundation (ZRDF), a national non-governmental organisation based in Masansa in Mkushi District where our project is based. Together, we identify, select and manage individual activities , in an area of 3,000 square miles.
Our programmes can be divided into 4 streams:
- Schools; improving access to education
- HIV and AIDS programmes
- Village banks (SILC)
- Sustainable agriculture
- Community capacity building
Baynards Zambia Trust (BZT) is a registered charity BZT that was founded in 1997 and is run purely by trustees. Along with our delivery partner, ZRDF, we support poor and isolated rural Zambian communities become self-sufficient. Our mission is to build the capacity of isolated communities in Mkushi District, Central Zambia, to enable them to tackle issues of income improvement and food security, access to education, HIV and AIDS and women’s empowerment, through a holistic programme of interventions.
Baynards Zambia Trust aims to:
- To radically improve school infrastructure and education by constructing classrooms, teachers’ houses and sanitation and by supporting schools deliver high quality education for both boys and girls.
- To address the scourge of HIV and AIDS by training local volunteers as community based councillors, peer educators and care givers who can support RHCs deliver vital services in isolated communities.
- To raise family income and household nutrition through subsistence farmers diversifying crops from only growing maize to include higher value crops such bananas and soya beans, and training farmers.
- To improve family incomes by introducing Savings and Internal Loan Communities (SILC) (village banks) which not only empowers local women but encourages local entrepreneurial ship amongst them.
- To support the creation and training of community groups to provide local leadership which addresses the issues of gender inequality, women’s empowerment, early marriages, HIV and AIDS and education.
Established: October 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1059855
Board members: 7
Phone number: 07791400395
Address: Baynards Manor, Rudgewick, West Sussex RH12 3ADView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website