First Steps (Bath)
First Steps (Bath)
First Steps (Bath) supports over 500 young children and their families through two Children’s Centres, three nurseries and provide a range of family support. We support each child, their family, and the community to thrive by providing the best early years experience. Many of the young children with whom we work need additional help during their early years, to minimise the potential for learning and development delay, arising from poverty and/or difficult family circumstances.
First Steps (Bath)’s mission is “to work in partnership with children, families, colleagues and the community by being a responsive, informed, reflective and innovative provider of early years education, childcare and integrated family services"
In pursuing this mission First Steps will deliver value to:
* children, through access to quality integrated care, play and early learning opportunities
* families, through a range of services which are responsive to their individual needs with an emphasis on bringing services to families
* staff, by maintaining a stimulating environment that encourages innovation and best practice and developing and implementing a coherent range of policies understood and valued by all
* other stakeholders, through our commitment to working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines, sharing expertise and exploiting opportunities in areas of common interest.
First Steps (Bath) aims to:
- help young children in Bath who are most at risk of being disadvantaged by poverty and family circumstances, through access to quality integrated care, play and early learning opportunities
- help families with young children who experience disadvantage through a range of services which are responsive to their individual needs with an emphasis on bringing services to families
Established: July 1992
Registered Charity Number: 1012690
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 18
Part time staff: 31
Phone number: 01225 444791
Address: Woodhouse Road, Bath BA2 1SYView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website