Team Kenya is a small but highly effective charity that works to improve the lives of girls and women in West Kenya, through education and enterprise activities. We work in partnership with NGO’s, local government, women’s groups and schools to tackle locally identified needs and bring about long term change We estimate that since 2008, around 5,000 primary and secondary school children have directly benefited from our school-based projects, and a further 6,400 community members have benefited
Our mission is to involve entire communities in gender equality, so that girls in rural Kenya can create their own bright futures.
Team Kenya aims to:
- Helping 10-17 year old girls stay in school and be safe, healthy and happy.
- Creating safe communities for girls to survive and thrive.
- Providing life changing scholarships to secondary school and universities, for 14-23 year old bright girls from very poor families.
- Working to sustainably reduce food poverty by training community members in environmentally friendly farming techniques.
- Providing women in the poorest communities with small loans and business training so they secure not only their future, but future generations too.
Established: January 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1169045
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 07557525673
Address: 15 park View NE13 6LHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website