Prism Youth Project
Prism Youth Project
PRISM youth project established in 1935 is helping some of the most disengaged young people who have either been excluded from main stream education or who are on the verge of this happening to improve the quality of their lives. We do this through the provision of alternative education and accredited youth work initiatives tailored to individual needs in a holistic provision which empowers them to make demonstrable improvements to the quality of their lives.
“Unique opportunities for unique young people”
Prism Independent School aims to maximise the potential of all young people within its target age range of 9-21, this aim will be fulfilled through the following objectives:
• To deliver broad based accredited alternative education programmes to young people between 9 and 21 years.
• To develop programmes of activities that promote community cohesion and the celebration of cultural diversity
• To increase young people’s access to influencing decision making
• To target support and resources for young people at risk
• To work in partnership with other voluntary and statutory agencies.
• To ensure we have a voice in the implementation of all new government legislations i. E. Children’s Trusts within Bradford
• To secure adequate resources to support the delivery of all projects
• To ensure quality of provision and achievement of Best Value
• To plan and implement a comprehensive programme of training opportunities that meets the needs of all staff
• To ensure equal opportunities are applied throughout all aspects of project operation and delivery and that equity is achieved for all young people and adults involved with the organisation.
Prism Youth Project aims to:
- TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE THROUGH: A) PROVISION OF RECREATIONAL AND LEISURE TIME ACTIVITIES B) PROVIDING SUPPORT, TRAINING AND ACTIVITIES WHICH DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
- SUBJECT TO CLAUSE 9 AND 10(1), THE LAND IDENTIFIED IN PART 1 OF THE SCHEDULE TO THIS SCHEME MUST BE RETAINED BY THE TRUSTEE FOR USE FOR THE OBJECTS OF THE CHARITY.
Established: March 1965
Registered Charity Number: 523503
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 10
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 07861969159
Address: Prism Youth Project, , 20 Walker Drive BD8 9ESView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website